Saturday, February 9, 2013

Quirkyalone Day 2013 Cards

Looking for an alternative to Valentine's Day? I present to you: Quirkyalone Day. What is it?
International Quirkyalone Day is a do-it-yourself celebration of romance, friendship, and independent spirit...IQD is a celebration of romance, freedom and individuality. It celebrates true romance (as opposed to the fake versions presented to us in reality dating shows), independence, creativity, friendship, and all kinds of love–including love for yourself. 
-via Quirkyalone.net

That's my kind of holiday! I adore my guy and one of my favorite things about our relationship is we're both wonderfully aware of how special we are on our own.

I drew some Quirkyalone Day cards today. My hope was to capture a dual celebration of romance and individuality. They are drawn with Sharpie fine tip pen and colored pencil.

When they're apart, Jelly grooms dogs and Peanut Butter sings opera.

Cookie loves to tap dance while Milk collects stamps.

Popsicle couple believe in staying active. She likes to hula hoop and he likes to ski.

I made PDFs if you wanna print out cards and give them to friends, lovers, or yourself.

Peanut Butter & Jelly are Quirkyalone (PDF)
Milk & Cookie are Quirklyalone (PDF)
Popsicles are Quirkyalone (PDF)

In case it's not clear how to fold the card: Print on letter sized paper. Fold in half to sandwich the back/unprinted side together. Then fold in half again to make a little square. You can glue stick the inside corners together if you're fancy.

Thank you for joining me here and holding space for my dreams. Huggles!

1 comment: